This Policy is updated from time to time. The latest version is published on this page.
This Policy was updated on: 29 November 2017.
If you have any queries about this policy, please email email@example.com
We gather and use certain information about individuals in order to provide products and services and to enable certain functions on this website.
We also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
We may collect the following information:
- Full Name.
- Contact information including email address.
- Demographic information, such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- Website usage data.
- Other information relevant to client enquiries.
- Other information pertaining to special offers and surveys.
- We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site (including, where applicable, information relating to payment details).
- Information provided when registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete optional surveys that we use for research purposes.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
- We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers.
- Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking from the esports Universe, enabling us to deliver improved products and services.
We may use data:
- For our own internal records.
- To improve the products and services we provide
- To contact you in response to a specific query.
- To customise the website for you.
- To send you promotional emails about our products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
- To send you promotional social media messages about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
- To contact you via email, social media, telephone or mail for market research reasons.
- To allow you to participate in features on our website.
- To notify you about changes to our services.
- To publish your performance on our site (for example, but without limitation, for use on Tournaments and Rankings tables).
- For other reasonable purposes for which you have provided such information.
- We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
We at the esports Universe will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we (or our assets) are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on any forms we may use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
- Analyse our web traffic and performance. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
- Identify whether you are signed in on the website.
- Test content on our website.
- Store information about your preferences.
- To recognise when you return on the website.
- Maintain the operation of our website in certain areas.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
We will always hold your information securely.
To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards.
Our website may contain links to other websites.
Please note that we have no control of websites outside the esportsuniverse.co.uk domain. If you provide to a website which we link, we are not responsible for its protection or privacy. Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s data protection and privacy policies.
Any access request to individual information may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. We will also require certified proof for identification purposes.