Terms of Service
Please read these Terms of Service ("Terms", "Terms of Service") carefully before using the http://www.esportsuniverse.co.uk (the "Service") operated by the esports Universe ("us", "we", or "our").
Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the Service.
By accessing or using the Service you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the terms, then you may not access the Service.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. If a revision is material we will try to provide at least 7 days’ notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at our sole discretion.
Registration for the esports Universe is free of charge. We may charge fees for certain services and/or events. If the service you use incurs a fee, you will be able to review and accept terms that will be clearly disclosed prior to you incurring any fee. Our fees are quoted in Pounds Sterling. We will notify you of changes to our fees by posting such changes on our website.
Due to various circumstances, we are unable to guarantee that our website, will always be available or uninterrupted. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our website without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
To use certain parts of our website, you must create an account. We may refuse your application for registration at our discretion. If we accept your application for registration, we will confirm this by granting access to our website. Each user is responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our website. We have the right to disable any username or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our reasonable opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms (or, acting reasonably, we otherwise have good cause to terminate membership).
The content on our website (including that provided by third parties), is provided for general information only and not advisory. We make no guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our website is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
It is the responsibility of the user to;
- ensure that all information provided is accurate and complete;
- not share their individual username or password with any other person nor with multiple users on a network and nor may another user use your account on your behalf; and
- Ensure privacy of username and password. If you feel this privacy may be under threat, you must notify us;
- Not misuse our website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful;
- Not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our website, the server on which our website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our website.
- Not attack our website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our website will cease immediately.
- Only use our website only for lawful purposes.
- Not use our website:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards (as detailed below).
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
- When submitting content for display on our website ensuring that such content is and remains accurate, complete and up to date and that it complies with these Terms.
- You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our website in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our website;
- any equipment or network on which our website is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our website; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our website or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our website; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our website.
- In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
We will also not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our website or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
Age and Parental Responsibility
Our website is not directed to people under 13 years of age. Children over the age of 13 but under the age of 16 should obtain the consent of their parent/carer prior to use of our website. We reserve the right to take steps to ensure verifiable parental consent. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to remove all information.
User Generated Content
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of our website. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Alongside our own discretion, we apply the following content standards apply to any and all material which users contribute to our website (“contributions”), and to any services associated with it.
The following standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole, contributions must:
- Be accurate (where they state facts)
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material or be pornographic.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Amount to bullying or internet trolling.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Seek to exploit or mislead any other person particularly those under the age of 18.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- Be used for commercial purposes.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our website.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our website.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We will ensure that all user provided content is monitored and in line with our standards, though we accept no liability for any content supplied by any user for display on our website. We reserve the right (without limiting our rights to seek other remedies) at any time to remove without notice any User Generated Content or any other content, information or material placed on our website that we consider to be in breach of these terms and of use, to constitute a misuse of our website or which may otherwise be harmful to other users of the website.
You will indemnify and hold us harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable legal fees, made by any third party due to or arising (including without limitation, economic loss) suffered by us arising out of your failure to observe any of the terms relating to user submitted content.
We do not guarantee that our website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our website. You should use your own virus protection software.
We may terminate or suspend access to our Service immediately, without prior notice or liability, for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation if you breach the Terms.
All provisions of the Terms which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
Links To Other Websites
Our Service may contain links to third-party websites or services that are not owned or controlled by the esports Universe,
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party websites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that we shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such websites or services.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us at email@example.com